With the warm weather on its way and spring just around the corner it’s time to start thinking of that garden of yours. I have gathered a few tips to get you ready for the spring planting season.
- Clean up flower and plant beds by ridding them of any leaves or debris.
- Scrub, scrub, scrub. Use white vinegar diluted with water to disinfect yourgreenhouse or plant storage space.
- Give your tools some attention. A good clean and sharpen will make them goalong way and be ready to go for this growing season.
- Organize pots and spaces for planting that fit your needs.
- Now’s the time to start thinking about what needs to be planted where and when.
- Get a head start on pest removal and prevention. Mix baking soda into your soilto balance PH and drive pesky bugs away. Come spring, a baking soda and water solution can be sprayed on plants to rid them of pests.
- Set up a composting area in your garden for easy fertilization all season long.
- Start a few seeds indoors that may need a longer growing season. Once it’swarm, they can be transplanted to the garden.
- Planting your herbs for kitchen use is a great way to start.Once all those steps are complete your garden should be in tip top shape in no time. Now, we just wait patiently until we can get the official planting season underway. Come on Spring!